Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Ready to roll

Due to damage that I inflicted on Betty Blue, er, Babe, the Blue Ox, (?) I had to delay my departure by a few days. But I’m on the cusp of departure now!

Packed up and ready to go:


Today involved a trip to Canadian Tire where I purchased a valve tool to assist should I ever need to mount a tire onto a wheel again, and a patch kit for my inner tube should I inadvertently pop one.  Of course if the tire is severely lacerated by a sharp rock, fixing the inner tube won’t help a lot but I have to maintain some hope!

I sent the knobby tires by Canada Post to Dawson City where the NAPA guys will receive them and then change from road tires  to off-road tires when I get there - hopefully on Friday the 16th. Of course I could have saved a lot of money by sending them two weeks ago but time travel is not one of my talents. I could also save money by changing the tires myself but I’ve discussed this already, unnecessary self flagellation is also off the table.  

I’ve got some new parts at the border store in Grand Portage, Minnesota, which I will be picking up tomorrow morning . . . Windshield and mirror have arrived. 

It’s show time - a sunny morning in TBay.

But the sky is a bit yellow with smoke. Currently roads are open but there are still wildfires burning in the west. An auspicious start.   

From there, I will head towards Kenora for my first overnight. That will be my next update!

1 comment:

  1. hello Michael it is Kelly in Winnipeg goodluck and I will share this with Kerry. we will follow and kibbitz as you travel Nd we enjoy it through your wordse and photos.

    ReplyDelete

The Travel Bug

I started writing this entry on September 16, having just begun a five week trip with my wife to Portugal and Germany. This account has been...